Thanks for completing your Blake Jones Derby registration! If you have any questions, please get in touch by calling (760) 873-8405.
Day of Registration
Registration, weigh-in and awards ceremony were held at the Eastern Sierra Tri- County Fairgrounds. Awesome Prizes! Win Cash, Float Tubes, Rod & Reel Combos…Loads of Fishing Gear To Be Awarded!
Day-of registration Starts at 6am
Weigh Your Catch By 3pm
BLAKE JONES TROUT DERBY RULES
- All fish entered must be caught on day of derby.
- Participants must catch and enter their own fish.
- All fish must be weighed in by 3pm at Tri-County Fairgrounds – no exceptions.
- Prizes will be awarded beginning at 3pm, winners must be present to claim prizes.
- All fish entered must be caught in waters that are open for fishing as indicated by CADFW Regulations.
- All participants must hold a current valid California fishing license.
- All CADFW regulations apply. If you are unsure of the regulations, copies of CADFW Freshwater Fishing
- Regulations Booklet will be available at check-in table.
BLIND BOGEY FORMAT
Prior to derby, a secret fisherman will catch Blind Bogey fish and record the weight.
On day of derby, each participant may catch and register up to five(5) fish. Those that match the Blind Bogey weight
are entered into a raffle to win prizes.
OTHER WAYS TO WIN
Prizes may be awarded for additional categories: Early Bird Registration (by 2/15/19), Farthest Traveled and Big
Fish. Themed raffle baskets and special raffle prizes for those who catch and release or don’t catch any at all.
The Blake Jones Trout Derby is a family friendly event. All ages are welcome.
The Blake Jones Trout Derby is organized by the Bishop Area Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau with the
help of many co-sponsors including the County of Inyo and City of Bishop. Please be sure to check out our
sponsor board near the prize stage.
Please help us keep our beautiful area clean. Don’t discard fishing line, packaging, cans or other trash in the
water or along the shore.
We know some folks like to enjoy adult beverages while fishing. In order to make sure everyone gets back to
their home or hotel safely, please have a designated driver.