Alabama Hills Natural History Interpretive Hike
February 29, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
One event on March 21, 2020 at 10:00 am
“The Alabama Hills Under Our Feet”. This ancient landscape captures the stories of the ages. Hear geological and cultural tales on a short walk through corridors and mounds nestled in the Sierra Nevada Foothills. Meet at the Arch Loop Trail Parking in Alabama Hills, Lone Pine. Wear layered clothing for a range of conditions, sturdy footwear and bring plenty of water.
Where: Meet at the Arch Loop Trail Parking, Alabama Hills National Scenic Area. From Lone Pine turn west off Hwy 395 onto Whitney Portal Road and drive for approximately 2.5 miles to Movie Road. Go north on Movie Road for approximately 1.5 mile. The road will begin to curve to the east. Look for a large parking area and a trail head sign to your left.
Wear: Layered clothing for a range of conditions, sturdy footwear and plenty of water.
- Bring Back A Memory And Help The Community
- Be An Informed Traveler – Get An Eye On The Weather, Road Conditions, & More
- Mammoth Lakes Wins 2022 USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice Travel Award for “Best Ski Town”
- Climbing Conditions Weekly Report
- Bishop Weekly Fly Fishing Report
- Bishop. The Warm Winter Wonderland.
- A Dozen or More Wonderful Winter Hikes in the Eastern Sierra
- 4 Wonderful Winter Road Bike Rides Around Bishop
- Ultimate Guide To Death Valley National Park
- The Road to Death Valley is OPEN
- From Stones That Roll Mysteriously To Scotty’s Castle – Death Valley Is A Must Visit
- Spread Cheer And See The Migration