- This event has passed.
Alabama Hills Natural History Interpretive Hike
February 22, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
“The Alabama Hills Under Our Feet”. This ancient landscape captures the stories of the ages. Hear geological and cultural tales on a short walk through corridors and mounds nestled in the Sierra Nevada Foothills. Meet at the Arch Loop Trail Parking in Alabama Hills, Lone Pine. Wear layered clothing for a range of conditions, sturdy footwear and bring plenty of water.
Contact Dave Kirk, (760)872-5000 or John Kelly, Eastern Sierra Interpretive Assn. (760)872-1220.
Where: Meet at the Arch Loop Trail Parking, Alabama Hills National Scenic Area. From Lone Pine turn west off Hwy 395 onto Whitney Portal Road and drive for approximately 2.5 miles to Movie Road. Go north on Movie Road for approximately 1.5 mile. The road will begin to curve to the east. Look for a large parking area and a trail head sign to your left.
Wear: Layered clothing for a range of conditions, sturdy footwear and plenty of water.
- Climbing Conditions Weekly Report
- Bishop Weekly Fly Fishing Report
- Angler Blake Jones was an icon of the Sierra
- Wildflowers in the Eastern Sierra
- Camping In The Alabama Hills
- Blake Jones Trout Derby
- Family Winter Vacation in Bishop
- A Smorgasbord of Love on Valentine’s Day in Bishop
- Adventure Love Birds – Make Your Wedding The Best And Have Your Wedding In Bishop
- How to Tie Fishing Knots: 10 Easy Knots to Get You Started
- 10 Perfect Places for Spring Camping around Bishop
- Only One Tank Away… Or None At All