- This event has passed.
Alabama Hills Natural History Interpretive Hike
February 22, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
“The Alabama Hills Under Our Feet”. This ancient landscape captures the stories of the ages. Hear geological and cultural tales on a short walk through corridors and mounds nestled in the Sierra Nevada Foothills. Meet at the Arch Loop Trail Parking in Alabama Hills, Lone Pine. Wear layered clothing for a range of conditions, sturdy footwear and bring plenty of water.
Where: Meet at the Arch Loop Trail Parking, Alabama Hills National Scenic Area. From Lone Pine turn west off Hwy 395 onto Whitney Portal Road and drive for approximately 2.5 miles to Movie Road. Go north on Movie Road for approximately 1.5 mile. The road will begin to curve to the east. Look for a large parking area and a trail head sign to your left.
Wear: Layered clothing for a range of conditions, sturdy footwear and plenty of water.
- Tips On What To Pack For A Highway 395 Road Trip
- Life Is Better At Sierra Lakes – 5 You Must Hike To This Summer
- Bishop Weekly Fly Fishing Report
- Fire Restrictions to Increase in the Eastern Sierra
- Tungsten City Running Loop
- Best Father’s Day Ever – Big Backyard Fun
- Top 5 Lakes You Can Drive To From Bishop
- A Guide to Mule Days – FOR KIDS!
- More Fish Stocking – Summer 2022
- Celebrate Mother’s Day In Bishop’s Big Backyard
- A Few Fun Ways to Celebrate Fishmas – besides Fishing!
- Rossi Hill Run