- This event has passed.
Alone in the Mountains
February 17 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$15.00
Alone in the Mountains presentation by Brooke Maushund and Anika Ramey
Eastern Sierra Interpretive Association’s 7th Annual Winter Adventure Series
Missing the mountains after working in Central America and Africa on off-grid solar projects, Brooke moved to Yosemite “just for the summer” to become a big wall climber five years ago… and never left (at least seasonally). Always on the lookout for ways to spend more time moving through the mountains, she now spends her winters ski patrolling, starting to teach avalanche courses, and volunteering at Eastern Sierra Avalanche Center as a key observer. She still spends her summers in Yosemite, now on Yosemite Valley’s Search and Rescue team, recently becoming way too much of an aid climber.
Anika is a climber, skier, and artist living on the Eastside of the Sierra. She spends her summer chasing free climbing in Yosemite and the high Sierra and her winters ski patrolling. She’s worked as a wilderness EMT since 2015 and lead high altitude expeditions abroad and in Alaska. She is happiest climbing alone in the mountains and hopes to inspire other women to find their strength and confidence through solo expeditions.
Join Brooke and Anika as they present on moving through the mountains.
- Your Neighbors In Bishop’s Big Backyard (Wildlife)
- Journey to Manzanar
- Bishop Fall Colors Report
- Fall-ing In Love With Bishop’s Big Backyard
- When Life Gives You Aspens, Nature Paints Them Gold
- Bishop Weekly Fly Fishing Report
- Finish The Summer Off Right With The Tri-County Fair
- Owens River Gorge Closed for Public Access August 29-September 6
- Mussels Aren’t Just For Dinner – What To Know About Crowley Lake Boat Inspections
- It’s A Bug’s Life – Microscopic View Of Bishop’s Tiniest Denizens
- Nothing Beats Birds For A Wakeup Call – Bishop Creek Camping
- Love Bishop’s Big Backyard So Your Great Grandchildren Can Enjoy It