- This event has passed.
Alone in the Mountains
February 17, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$15.00
Alone in the Mountains presentation by Brooke Maushund and Anika Ramey
Eastern Sierra Interpretive Association’s 7th Annual Winter Adventure Series
Missing the mountains after working in Central America and Africa on off-grid solar projects, Brooke moved to Yosemite “just for the summer” to become a big wall climber five years ago… and never left (at least seasonally). Always on the lookout for ways to spend more time moving through the mountains, she now spends her winters ski patrolling, starting to teach avalanche courses, and volunteering at Eastern Sierra Avalanche Center as a key observer. She still spends her summers in Yosemite, now on Yosemite Valley’s Search and Rescue team, recently becoming way too much of an aid climber.
Anika is a climber, skier, and artist living on the Eastside of the Sierra. She spends her summer chasing free climbing in Yosemite and the high Sierra and her winters ski patrolling. She’s worked as a wilderness EMT since 2015 and lead high altitude expeditions abroad and in Alaska. She is happiest climbing alone in the mountains and hopes to inspire other women to find their strength and confidence through solo expeditions.
Join Brooke and Anika as they present on moving through the mountains.
FREE INFORMATION GUIDE
Flip through the pages of the new Bishop Information Guide! Or Download a FREE Visitor Guide or request one sent to your home today.
- The Scoop On Fly Fishing The Owens River
- July 4th in the Eastern Sierra
- Flying for a Purpose: A Private Pilot’s Mission to Save Shelter Dogs
- Eastern Sierra Reading List
- A Gift For A Dad That Wants Nothing – Father’s Day Trip Ideas In Bishop
- Giddy Up To Adventure – Horseback Riding In The Sierra
- Adventure Love Birds – Make Your Wedding The Best And Have Your Wedding In Bishop
- Bishop Weekly Fly Fishing Report
- Be In The Know Before You Go – Stop By Bishop Chamber First
- Staying Safe during Runoff
- Wildflowers in the Eastern Sierra
- Eastern Sierra Roads, Access & Recreation Updates