- This event has passed.
Astronomy on Tap
June 22 @ 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Where is the most volcanic place in the solar system? What is causing brief flashes of radio light from across the universe, and how do we observe it here in the Owens Valley? Join us Wednesday, June 22nd at 7:30PM for an evening of astronomy as we discuss these topics and more at our next Astronomy on Tap in the Eastern Sierra! We’ll host two ~15 minute talks, Q&A, and then follow it up with interactive, astronomical pub trivia, and guided stargazing at our in-person Astro on Tap in Bishop, CA.
7:30 p.m. – New Astronomical Discoveries from Owens Valley
8:00 p.m. – The Solar System’s Volcanic Wonderland
8:30 p.m. – Astro-themed Pub Trivia
About the Series
Astronomy on Tap is a nation-wide phenomenon where professional astronomers give informal science talks in local bars with accompanying pub trivia and interactions with the public. Scientists at Caltech organize the Los Angeles Chapter of Astronomy on Tap one Monday a month. We’re occasionally hosting events in Bishop, California at the Mountain Rambler Brewery.
Each event consists of two ~15-minute informal science talks given by researchers in astronomy, physics, and space science followed by Q&A. The second half of the night is devoted to astronomy-themed pub trivia with lots of interaction with the audience. For more information and recordings of past events, please see the Caltech Astro Outreach website and the Caltech Astro YouTube page.
- Bring Back A Memory And Help The Community
- Be An Informed Traveler – Get An Eye On The Weather, Road Conditions, & More
- Mammoth Lakes Wins 2022 USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice Travel Award for “Best Ski Town”
- Climbing Conditions Weekly Report
- Bishop Weekly Fly Fishing Report
- Bishop. The Warm Winter Wonderland.
- A Dozen or More Wonderful Winter Hikes in the Eastern Sierra
- 4 Wonderful Winter Road Bike Rides Around Bishop
- Ultimate Guide To Death Valley National Park
- The Road to Death Valley is OPEN
- From Stones That Roll Mysteriously To Scotty’s Castle – Death Valley Is A Must Visit
- Spread Cheer And See The Migration