- This event has passed.
Astronomy on Tap
June 22 @ 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Where is the most volcanic place in the solar system? What is causing brief flashes of radio light from across the universe, and how do we observe it here in the Owens Valley? Join us Wednesday, June 22nd at 7:30PM for an evening of astronomy as we discuss these topics and more at our next Astronomy on Tap in the Eastern Sierra! We’ll host two ~15 minute talks, Q&A, and then follow it up with interactive, astronomical pub trivia, and guided stargazing at our in-person Astro on Tap in Bishop, CA.
7:30 p.m. – New Astronomical Discoveries from Owens Valley
8:00 p.m. – The Solar System’s Volcanic Wonderland
8:30 p.m. – Astro-themed Pub Trivia
About the Series
Astronomy on Tap is a nation-wide phenomenon where professional astronomers give informal science talks in local bars with accompanying pub trivia and interactions with the public. Scientists at Caltech organize the Los Angeles Chapter of Astronomy on Tap one Monday a month. We’re occasionally hosting events in Bishop, California at the Mountain Rambler Brewery.
Each event consists of two ~15-minute informal science talks given by researchers in astronomy, physics, and space science followed by Q&A. The second half of the night is devoted to astronomy-themed pub trivia with lots of interaction with the audience. For more information and recordings of past events, please see the Caltech Astro Outreach website and the Caltech Astro YouTube page.
- Tips On What To Pack For A Highway 395 Road Trip
- Life Is Better At Sierra Lakes – 5 You Must Hike To This Summer
- Bishop Weekly Fly Fishing Report
- Fire Restrictions to Increase in the Eastern Sierra
- Tungsten City Running Loop
- Best Father’s Day Ever – Big Backyard Fun
- Top 5 Lakes You Can Drive To From Bishop
- A Guide to Mule Days – FOR KIDS!
- More Fish Stocking – Summer 2022
- Celebrate Mother’s Day In Bishop’s Big Backyard
- A Few Fun Ways to Celebrate Fishmas – besides Fishing!
- Rossi Hill Run