- This event has passed.
Astronomy on Tap
June 22, 2022 @ 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Where is the most volcanic place in the solar system? What is causing brief flashes of radio light from across the universe, and how do we observe it here in the Owens Valley? Join us Wednesday, June 22nd at 7:30PM for an evening of astronomy as we discuss these topics and more at our next Astronomy on Tap in the Eastern Sierra! We’ll host two ~15 minute talks, Q&A, and then follow it up with interactive, astronomical pub trivia, and guided stargazing at our in-person Astro on Tap in Bishop, CA.
7:30 p.m. – New Astronomical Discoveries from Owens Valley
8:00 p.m. – The Solar System’s Volcanic Wonderland
8:30 p.m. – Astro-themed Pub Trivia
About the Series
Astronomy on Tap is a nation-wide phenomenon where professional astronomers give informal science talks in local bars with accompanying pub trivia and interactions with the public. Scientists at Caltech organize the Los Angeles Chapter of Astronomy on Tap one Monday a month. We’re occasionally hosting events in Bishop, California at the Mountain Rambler Brewery.
Each event consists of two ~15-minute informal science talks given by researchers in astronomy, physics, and space science followed by Q&A. The second half of the night is devoted to astronomy-themed pub trivia with lots of interaction with the audience. For more information and recordings of past events, please see the Caltech Astro Outreach website and the Caltech Astro YouTube page.
FREE INFORMATION GUIDE
Flip through the pages of the new Bishop Information Guide! Or Download a FREE Visitor Guide or request one sent to your home today.
- July 4th in the Eastern Sierra
- Flying for a Purpose: A Private Pilot’s Mission to Save Shelter Dogs
- Eastern Sierra Reading List
- A Gift For A Dad That Wants Nothing – Father’s Day Trip Ideas In Bishop
- Giddy Up To Adventure – Horseback Riding In The Sierra
- Adventure Love Birds – Make Your Wedding The Best And Have Your Wedding In Bishop
- Bishop Weekly Fly Fishing Report
- Be In The Know Before You Go – Stop By Bishop Chamber First
- Staying Safe during Runoff
- Wildflowers in the Eastern Sierra
- Eastern Sierra Roads, Access & Recreation Updates
- Sample The Eastern Sierra Via A Self-Guided Tour