- This event has passed.
Film History in the Alabama Hills
March 7, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
There have been more than 400 movies and countless commercials filmed in the Alabama Hills. Hear interesting and amusing stories about numerous productions as you explore the camera locations. This walk covers an area of Movie Flat that includes locations from memorable films such as Gunga Din, Tremors, and Django Unchained. This is a relatively easy walk on existing roads and trails covering less than one mile. Free Community Program open to the public.
Where: Meet at the Arch Loop Trail Parking, Alabama Hills National Scenic Area. From Lone Pine turn west off Hwy 395 onto Whitney Portal Road and drive for approximately 2.5 miles to Movie Road. Go north on Movie Road for approximately 1.5 mile. The road will begin to curve to the east. Look for a large parking area and a trail head sign to your left.
Wear: Layered clothing for a range of conditions, sturdy footwear and plenty of water.
- Climbing Conditions Weekly Report
- Bishop Weekly Fly Fishing Report
- Bishop. The Warm Winter Wonderland.
- A Dozen or More Wonderful Winter Hikes in the Eastern Sierra
- 4 Wonderful Winter Road Bike Rides Around Bishop
- Ultimate Guide To Death Valley National Park
- The Road to Death Valley is OPEN
- From Stones That Roll Mysteriously To Scotty’s Castle – Death Valley Is A Must Visit
- Spread Cheer And See The Migration
- Restore That Christmas Cheer With A Break To Bishop
- Tungsten City Running Loop
- Shoot the Landing: War and Planes in Owens Valley