- This event has passed.
Film History in the Alabama Hills
March 7, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
There have been more than 400 movies and countless commercials filmed in the Alabama Hills. Hear interesting and amusing stories about numerous productions as you explore the camera locations. This walk covers an area of Movie Flat that includes locations from memorable films such as Gunga Din, Tremors, and Django Unchained. This is a relatively easy walk on existing roads and trails covering less than one mile. Free Community Program open to the public.
Contact Dave Kirk, (760)872-5000 or John Kelly, Eastern Sierra Interpretive Assn. (760)872-1220.
Where: Meet at the Arch Loop Trail Parking, Alabama Hills National Scenic Area. From Lone Pine turn west off Hwy 395 onto Whitney Portal Road and drive for approximately 2.5 miles to Movie Road. Go north on Movie Road for approximately 1.5 mile. The road will begin to curve to the east. Look for a large parking area and a trail head sign to your left.
Wear: Layered clothing for a range of conditions, sturdy footwear and plenty of water.
FREE INFORMATION GUIDE
Flip through the pages of the new Bishop Information Guide! Or Download a FREE Visitor Guide or request one sent to your home today.
- Flying for a Purpose: A Private Pilot’s Mission to Save Shelter Dogs
- Eastern Sierra Reading List
- A Gift For A Dad That Wants Nothing – Father’s Day Trip Ideas In Bishop
- Giddy Up To Adventure – Horseback Riding In The Sierra
- Adventure Love Birds – Make Your Wedding The Best And Have Your Wedding In Bishop
- Bishop Weekly Fly Fishing Report
- Be In The Know Before You Go – Stop By Bishop Chamber First
- Staying Safe during Runoff
- Wildflowers in the Eastern Sierra
- Eastern Sierra Roads, Access & Recreation Updates
- Sample The Eastern Sierra Via A Self-Guided Tour
- Climbing Conditions Weekly Report