- This event has passed.
Alabama Hills Cancer Benefit Run
October 5, 2019 @ 7:00 am - 1:00 pm
Run or hike dirt roads and winding trails with views of iconic Mt. Whitney, the tallest mountain in the contiguous U.S. Be transported back in time to the historic wild west in the Alabama Hills near Lone Pine. The course passes through many John Wayne movie locations like “How the West Was Won” and more. The half marathon begins at 7:00am and the 10K starts at 8:00am. All race participants start and finish on Movie Rd. at the entrance of the Alabama Hills. All race participants must finish by 1:00pm.
This event benefits John Wayne Cancer Foundation, so every step you take helps advance the fight against cancer through pioneering cancer research and programs. Run or walk in honor of family and friends who have been affected by cancer.
For more information, you can go to the John Wayne Cancer Foundation website.
To register for either the half marathon or the 10K you can go to Active.com.
- Your Neighbors In Bishop’s Big Backyard (Wildlife)
- Journey to Manzanar
- Bishop Fall Colors Report
- Fall-ing In Love With Bishop’s Big Backyard
- When Life Gives You Aspens, Nature Paints Them Gold
- Bishop Weekly Fly Fishing Report
- Finish The Summer Off Right With The Tri-County Fair
- Owens River Gorge Closed for Public Access August 29-September 6
- Mussels Aren’t Just For Dinner – What To Know About Crowley Lake Boat Inspections
- It’s A Bug’s Life – Microscopic View Of Bishop’s Tiniest Denizens
- Nothing Beats Birds For A Wakeup Call – Bishop Creek Camping
- Love Bishop’s Big Backyard So Your Great Grandchildren Can Enjoy It