- This event has passed.
Alabama Hills Cancer Benefit Run
October 5, 2019 @ 7:00 am - 1:00 pm
Run or hike dirt roads and winding trails with views of iconic Mt. Whitney, the tallest mountain in the contiguous U.S. Be transported back in time to the historic wild west in the Alabama Hills near Lone Pine. The course passes through many John Wayne movie locations like “How the West Was Won” and more. The half marathon begins at 7:00am and the 10K starts at 8:00am. All race participants start and finish on Movie Rd. at the entrance of the Alabama Hills. All race participants must finish by 1:00pm.
This event benefits John Wayne Cancer Foundation, so every step you take helps advance the fight against cancer through pioneering cancer research and programs. Run or walk in honor of family and friends who have been affected by cancer.
For more information, you can go to the John Wayne Cancer Foundation website.
To register for either the half marathon or the 10K you can go to Active.com.
- A Smorgasbord of Love on Valentine’s Day in Bishop
- Climbing Conditions Weekly Report
- 10 Perfect Places for Spring Camping around Bishop
- Only One Tank Away… Or None At All
- Proudly Shout Our Middle Name On Your Next Vacation – This IS Bishop
- Bishop Weekly Fly Fishing Report
- Winter Is Bishop Big Backyard’s Choose Your Own Adventure Story
- Bishop, California Has the Full Vacation Spectrum
- Be An Informed Traveler – Get An Eye On The Weather, Road Conditions, & More
- Mammoth Lakes Wins 2022 USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice Travel Award for “Best Ski Town”
- Bishop. The Warm Winter Wonderland.
- A Dozen or More Wonderful Winter Hikes in the Eastern Sierra