- This event has passed.
Owens Lake Bird Festival
April 26, 2019 - April 28, 2019
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every day that begins at 12:00 am, repeating until April 28, 2019
The Owens Lake Bird Festival showcases the migration of birds through the Mojave desert, along the historic Owens Lake. This festival merges magic of the historic west and ancient tribal histories at the Alabama Hills with the stark natural beauty at the edge of Death Valley. 30+ outings highlight the birds, photography, botany, geology, and history of this important location. LADWP’s unique dust management engineering restored the lakes important bird habitats where saltwater and freshwater interact to host a huge number of traveling bird species. Learn more about the outings, schedule, and more below!
For program information visit https://friendsoftheinyo.org/owens-lake-bird-festival
FREE INFORMATION GUIDE
Flip through the pages of the new Bishop Information Guide! Or Download a FREE Visitor Guide or request one sent to your home today.
- July 4th in the Eastern Sierra
- Flying for a Purpose: A Private Pilot’s Mission to Save Shelter Dogs
- Eastern Sierra Reading List
- A Gift For A Dad That Wants Nothing – Father’s Day Trip Ideas In Bishop
- Giddy Up To Adventure – Horseback Riding In The Sierra
- Adventure Love Birds – Make Your Wedding The Best And Have Your Wedding In Bishop
- Bishop Weekly Fly Fishing Report
- Be In The Know Before You Go – Stop By Bishop Chamber First
- Staying Safe during Runoff
- Wildflowers in the Eastern Sierra
- Eastern Sierra Roads, Access & Recreation Updates
- Sample The Eastern Sierra Via A Self-Guided Tour