- This event has passed.
Owens Lake Bird Festival
April 26, 2019 - April 28, 2019
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every day that begins at 12:00 am, repeating until April 28, 2019
The Owens Lake Bird Festival showcases the migration of birds through the Mojave desert, along the historic Owens Lake. This festival merges magic of the historic west and ancient tribal histories at the Alabama Hills with the stark natural beauty at the edge of Death Valley. 30+ outings highlight the birds, photography, botany, geology, and history of this important location. LADWP’s unique dust management engineering restored the lakes important bird habitats where saltwater and freshwater interact to host a huge number of traveling bird species. Learn more about the outings, schedule, and more below!
For program information visit https://friendsoftheinyo.org/owens-lake-bird-festival
- Tips On What To Pack For A Highway 395 Road Trip
- Life Is Better At Sierra Lakes – 5 You Must Hike To This Summer
- Bishop Weekly Fly Fishing Report
- Fire Restrictions to Increase in the Eastern Sierra
- Tungsten City Running Loop
- Best Father’s Day Ever – Big Backyard Fun
- Top 5 Lakes You Can Drive To From Bishop
- A Guide to Mule Days – FOR KIDS!
- More Fish Stocking – Summer 2022
- Celebrate Mother’s Day In Bishop’s Big Backyard
- A Few Fun Ways to Celebrate Fishmas – besides Fishing!
- Rossi Hill Run