- This event has passed.
Owens Lake Bird Festival
April 26, 2019 - April 28, 2019
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every day that begins at 12:00 am, repeating until April 28, 2019
The Owens Lake Bird Festival showcases the migration of birds through the Mojave desert, along the historic Owens Lake. This festival merges magic of the historic west and ancient tribal histories at the Alabama Hills with the stark natural beauty at the edge of Death Valley. 30+ outings highlight the birds, photography, botany, geology, and history of this important location. LADWP’s unique dust management engineering restored the lakes important bird habitats where saltwater and freshwater interact to host a huge number of traveling bird species. Learn more about the outings, schedule, and more below!
For program information visit https://friendsoftheinyo.org/owens-lake-bird-festival
- Bring Back A Memory And Help The Community
- Be An Informed Traveler – Get An Eye On The Weather, Road Conditions, & More
- Mammoth Lakes Wins 2022 USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice Travel Award for “Best Ski Town”
- Climbing Conditions Weekly Report
- Bishop Weekly Fly Fishing Report
- Bishop. The Warm Winter Wonderland.
- A Dozen or More Wonderful Winter Hikes in the Eastern Sierra
- 4 Wonderful Winter Road Bike Rides Around Bishop
- Ultimate Guide To Death Valley National Park
- The Road to Death Valley is OPEN
- From Stones That Roll Mysteriously To Scotty’s Castle – Death Valley Is A Must Visit
- Spread Cheer And See The Migration