- This event has passed.
Owens Lake Bird Festival
April 23$22 – $55
Since 2015, the Owens Lake Bird Festival has celebrated the migration of thousands of birds as they alight at Owens lake to replenish their strength before they continue their transcontinental journey. They migrate along the Pacific Flyway, which extends from Alaska to Patagonia.
Festival outings include botany, photography, geology, local history and culture, and more. There are six trips to choose from.
Register online at friendsoftheinyo.org/birdfestival.
- Your Neighbors In Bishop’s Big Backyard (Wildlife)
- Journey to Manzanar
- Bishop Fall Colors Report
- Fall-ing In Love With Bishop’s Big Backyard
- When Life Gives You Aspens, Nature Paints Them Gold
- Bishop Weekly Fly Fishing Report
- Finish The Summer Off Right With The Tri-County Fair
- Owens River Gorge Closed for Public Access August 29-September 6
- Mussels Aren’t Just For Dinner – What To Know About Crowley Lake Boat Inspections
- It’s A Bug’s Life – Microscopic View Of Bishop’s Tiniest Denizens
- Nothing Beats Birds For A Wakeup Call – Bishop Creek Camping
- Love Bishop’s Big Backyard So Your Great Grandchildren Can Enjoy It