- This event has passed.
Sierra Nevada – The Best Home Range in the World
January 20, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$15.00
Eastern Sierra Interpretive Association’s 7th Annual Winter Adventure Series
The mountains have been a part of Tad’s life for almost as long as he can remember. At first he’d find himself running around the western Sierra barefoot with a fly rod, but gradually he steered his attention to the vertical and technical world of climbing and mountaineering as a vehicle to experience the wonders of the natural world. He likes pre-dawn starts, cracked cuticles, unplanned bivies, zinc stained smiles and summit sunsets. For most of the last decade he has been chasing adventure from the windswept Pampas of Patagonia to the lung-busting high country of the Himalaya. When not seeking out the road less traveled, he lives in Bishop and works as a Mountain Guide specializing in high-end alpine terrain and full-scale, remote expeditions.
Some of Tad’s alpine accomplishments include:
- -40+ New routes in the Sierra Nevada
- -Over 50 expeditions to the greater ranges such as the Alaska Range, the Andes, the Himalaya and the Karakoram.
Join Tad as he presents on new routes and exploration in the Range of Light. He is convinced that the Sierra Nevada is the best “Home Range” in the United States.
FREE INFORMATION GUIDE
Flip through the pages of the new Bishop Information Guide! Or Download a FREE Visitor Guide or request one sent to your home today.
- Flying for a Purpose: A Private Pilot’s Mission to Save Shelter Dogs
- Eastern Sierra Reading List
- A Gift For A Dad That Wants Nothing – Father’s Day Trip Ideas In Bishop
- Giddy Up To Adventure – Horseback Riding In The Sierra
- Adventure Love Birds – Make Your Wedding The Best And Have Your Wedding In Bishop
- Bishop Weekly Fly Fishing Report
- Be In The Know Before You Go – Stop By Bishop Chamber First
- Staying Safe during Runoff
- Wildflowers in the Eastern Sierra
- Eastern Sierra Roads, Access & Recreation Updates
- Sample The Eastern Sierra Via A Self-Guided Tour
- Climbing Conditions Weekly Report