- This event has passed.
Volunteer Opportunity at Manzanar
August 29, 2019 @ 7:30 am - 3:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 7:30 am, repeating until September 3, 2019
Join an Archeological Dig! Under the supervision of NPS Archeologist Jeff Burton, you will help uncover and preserve features from the Children’s Village, home to 101 children and the only orphanage in all of the 10 incarceration camps. It is open to anyone age 15+ able to do moderately strenuous work such as digging with shovels, hauling rocks, operating wheelbarrows, screening sediments, taking notes and filling out forms/labels. Previous experience helpful but not necessary. All you need is an interest in history and willingness to ge dirty.
Meet each morning in the Manzanar parking lot at 7:30am and bring water, lunch, snacks, sturdy shoes, sunscreen and a hat. Reservations required. Please contact Community Volunteer Ambassador Fatima Khan at or call (760)878-2194 X3313
- Electrify Your Soul, The Community, And The Environment With A Sustainable Bishop Adventure
- Tips On What To Pack For A Highway 395 Road Trip
- Life Is Better At Sierra Lakes – 5 You Must Hike To This Summer
- Bishop Weekly Fly Fishing Report
- Fire Restrictions to Increase in the Eastern Sierra
- Tungsten City Running Loop
- Best Father’s Day Ever – Big Backyard Fun
- Top 5 Lakes You Can Drive To From Bishop
- A Guide to Mule Days – FOR KIDS!
- More Fish Stocking – Summer 2022
- Celebrate Mother’s Day In Bishop’s Big Backyard
- A Few Fun Ways to Celebrate Fishmas – besides Fishing!