- This event has passed.
Cinco de Mayo Celebration
May 6 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The Tri-County Fairgrounds is bringing the heat for Cinco de Mayo with chili, cars, and cervezas! This International Chili Society World Qualifier Cook-Off is a community celebration with a kick. The free-to-attend event features world champion chili, 25 different craft beers, live music, a car show, swap meet, and Kids Zone.
Get your sampling kits for a hearty tasting experience! Some of the best chili cooks in the West are serving up their most flavorful red, verde, and homestyle chilis and salsas. They’re competing for their shot at the ICS World Championships and your vote for the highly coveted People’s Choice Award!
NEW IN 2023! Wash down those savory samples with a flight of craft beer. The new Craft Beer Experience is a customizable tour with 25 award-winning and local favorites on tap for you to sip and sample. Because nothing goes better with chili than an ice, cold beer.
LIVE MUSIC – GOOD EATS – FAMILY FUN – FREE!
Bring the entire family to the Tri-County Fairgrounds Saturday, May 6th! Taste your way through champion chili and a variety of craft beers, check out classic hot rods, dance to live country music, shop the swap meet, and watch the kids bounce in the Kids Zone. This Cinco de Mayo celebration is going to be fire!
CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS AND CAR SHOW REGISTRATION
12PM – 3PM: Rowdy Hank – Hank Williams, Jr. Tribute
10AM – 12PM: DJ
11AM – 4PM: THE CHILI & CRAFT BEER
9AM – 4PM: THE CAR SHOW & SWAP MEET
10AM – 4PM: THE KIDS ZONE
CAR SHOW REGISTRATION
- All makes, models, years, motorcycles, tractors (if it has wheels, you can enter it!)
- Awards for the following: Best of Show, Best Paint, Best Engine, Best Interior, Oddest Entry, Best Work in Progress + more fun surprises
- $20 Entry Fee
- More info contact Mike Burgoon @ 775-350-4039
- Complete the show entry form and turn into the Fair Office or Mike
FREE INFORMATION GUIDE
Flip through the pages of the new Bishop Information Guide! Or Download a FREE Visitor Guide or request one sent to your home today.
- The Scoop On Fly Fishing The Owens River
- July 4th in the Eastern Sierra
- Flying for a Purpose: A Private Pilot’s Mission to Save Shelter Dogs
- Eastern Sierra Reading List
- A Gift For A Dad That Wants Nothing – Father’s Day Trip Ideas In Bishop
- Giddy Up To Adventure – Horseback Riding In The Sierra
- Adventure Love Birds – Make Your Wedding The Best And Have Your Wedding In Bishop
- Bishop Weekly Fly Fishing Report
- Be In The Know Before You Go – Stop By Bishop Chamber First
- Staying Safe during Runoff
- Wildflowers in the Eastern Sierra
- Eastern Sierra Roads, Access & Recreation Updates