The Slim Princess
By Robert Thomas, John Knowlton and Richard Perkins, 2000.
This mural depicts Laws, a thriving railroad depot and community, just outside of Bishop circa 1909. The railroad line, called the “Slim Princess,” by the local population, was a major transportation resource until Highway 395 was paved. The depot was built in 1883, and served the Owens Valley until April 30, 1959, when the line from Laws to Keeler was abandoned. Laws is now home to Laws Railroad Museum. 175 East Pine Street, Fendon’s Furniture, north wall.