Somewhere in a season or on the cusp between two seasons is that special moment in time that stirs weather patterns deep inside and fulfills your inner awe. It is unique to you. In Bishop, we call it the 5th Season. Take a virtual tour through pages of unique adventures and find a trail, or stream, a waterfall, a vista, or a road to ride that takes you to the essence of you.
Bishop is an all-season wonderland. Each season has its own special look and feel that brings joy and offers experiences like nowhere else on earth. And winter … winter is a true, classic wonderland! Our town is warm and welcoming and our big backyard is wild and exciting.
Stop in Bishop. Stay in Bishop. Play in Bishop and in our big backyard.
Valentine’s Day is a day to celebrate love. Especially the love shared with a cherished partner. It’s a day to set aside time to spend with your partner and indulge a little, or a lot, in things that make you both happy. Bishop offers a unique experience for locals and visitors from near and far a chance to reconnect. It’s a wintertime playground for lovers of all ages and abilities to connect, not only with each other, but with nature. We’ve put together a Valentine’s Day itinerary for leisurely lovers and amorous adventurers of food, activity, relaxation, and gift giving. Take a look. You’ll love it!
Bishop in winter offers the perfect family getaway. Get out of the big city and into the mountains where the snowy peaks rise up on either side of this broad, beautiful valley. The nights are chilly, the days are often warm, the air is clear and crisp, and our big backyard is a natural playground. We’ve created a suggested 5-Day adventure itinerary so you don’t need to figure it out. Just follow the links in this blog and make your bookings for your 5 days of fun.
- Your Neighbors In Bishop’s Big Backyard (Wildlife)
- Journey to Manzanar
- Bishop Fall Colors Report
- Fall-ing In Love With Bishop’s Big Backyard
- When Life Gives You Aspens, Nature Paints Them Gold
- Bishop Weekly Fly Fishing Report
- Finish The Summer Off Right With The Tri-County Fair
- Owens River Gorge Closed for Public Access August 29-September 6
- Mussels Aren’t Just For Dinner – What To Know About Crowley Lake Boat Inspections
- It’s A Bug’s Life – Microscopic View Of Bishop’s Tiniest Denizens
- Nothing Beats Birds For A Wakeup Call – Bishop Creek Camping
- Love Bishop’s Big Backyard So Your Great Grandchildren Can Enjoy It