Extreme Sierra. Extreme Events.“On top of Mt. Whitney” Photo: Emiliano Reyna Extreme Sierra The Eastern Sierra is a land of extremes. There are extremes in temperature and climate, topography and geology, features of the fauna and flora, and in feats of human endeavor in the region....
Laws Poleta AreaIntro At the base of the White Mountains, 5 miles east of the center of Bishop, is an exceptional off-road motorcycling and all-terrain vehicle (ATV) area. The Poleta Open Area, covering 2,500 acres, consists of about 50 miles of single-track and ATV trails...
Fun OHV Adventures near BishopThe valley is wide, the mountains high, and exhilarating OHV adventures are almost limitless. The Inyo National Forest is home to some of the nation’s most spectacular alpine scenery. A legal system of roads and trails for motorized vehicles was designated here in...
Winter Motorcycle Rides: On-road. Off-road.Ride the White Mountains on your motorcycle! The Eastern Sierra is well known for its mountains and wonderful outdoor adventure activities. Many of these are human powered activities such as: hiking, climbing, cycling, kayaking, fishing, paragliding, skiing and … the...
- Climbing Conditions Weekly Report
- Bishop Weekly Fly Fishing Report
- Angler Blake Jones was an icon of the Sierra
- Wildflowers in the Eastern Sierra
- Camping In The Alabama Hills
- Blake Jones Trout Derby
- Family Winter Vacation in Bishop
- A Smorgasbord of Love on Valentine’s Day in Bishop
- Adventure Love Birds – Make Your Wedding The Best And Have Your Wedding In Bishop
- How to Tie Fishing Knots: 10 Easy Knots to Get You Started
- 10 Perfect Places for Spring Camping around Bishop
- Only One Tank Away… Or None At All