A 2007 survey by the California Department of Fish and Wildlife counted 12,000 fish per mile in Hot Creek — one of the highest densities of wild trout in California. A follow-up in 2016 indicated the number had plummeted by a staggering 92 percent. Read more about the efforts to save this terrific fishery.
Fall is here. The weather, for the most part, is perfect. Cool mornings and evenings, and great afternoons that are just warm enough to enjoy the heat. In between the nice weather is the occasional storm that reminds us that winter is on the horizon. For me this is the perfect time of the year. On the nice days I venture out to fish. On the stormy days I go looking for waterfowl. Read more…
I got into the fly-fishing industry as a fly tier. I’ve gotten good at tying exact imitations of other fly fishers fly patterns and imitating the insects found in the waters of the Eastern Sierra. I’ve also fished the major hatches in the Sierra with reliable success. Read more…
Fall is a great time to get out on the waters of the eastern Sierra for some fly fishing. Local guides are out there scouting the waters for the best fishing and can be your best resource for a good day on the water. Fred Rowe shares a day on the water last fall with us on the blog. Read more….
- A Guide to Mule Days – FOR KIDS!
- Bishop Weekly Fly Fishing Report
- More Fish Stocking – Summer 2022
- Celebrate Mother’s Day In Bishop’s Big Backyard
- A Few Fun Ways to Celebrate Fishmas – besides Fishing!
- Rossi Hill Run
- Bishop Trout Rodeo a Success
- Blake Jones Trout Derby Recap
- The Change Of Season… Rejuvenate, Reenergize, And Restore This Spring In Bishop
- For What It’s “Earth” – Happy Earth Day To Our Planet!
- Revitalize Your Spirit And Body With A Spring Escape To Bishop
- Break Into Spring With A Climbing, Skiing, Or Both Type Of Adventure