The sound and scene of flowing water, particularly when it’s falling over a rocky cliff or cascading down a rocky chute, instills a sense of wonder and peace. We’ve created an extensive guide to show where each of the noteworthy falls is located and how best to see, photograph, and get near them. Some of our beautiful falls can be seen from vista points along mountain roads that will take you well into the alpine and sub-alpine regions of the Sierra Nevada. Many more can only be seen from hiking trails within our national forest and wilderness areas. A visit to a wild and scenic waterfall in the Sierra Nevada is an extraordinary experience.
- A Smorgasbord of Love on Valentine’s Day in Bishop
- Climbing Conditions Weekly Report
- 10 Perfect Places for Spring Camping around Bishop
- Only One Tank Away… Or None At All
- Proudly Shout Our Middle Name On Your Next Vacation – This IS Bishop
- Bishop Weekly Fly Fishing Report
- Winter Is Bishop Big Backyard’s Choose Your Own Adventure Story
- Bishop, California Has the Full Vacation Spectrum
- Be An Informed Traveler – Get An Eye On The Weather, Road Conditions, & More
- Mammoth Lakes Wins 2022 USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice Travel Award for “Best Ski Town”
- Bishop. The Warm Winter Wonderland.
- A Dozen or More Wonderful Winter Hikes in the Eastern Sierra