Somewhere in a season or on the cusp between two seasons is that special moment in time that stirs weather patterns deep inside and fulfills your inner awe. It is unique to you. In Bishop, we call it the 5th Season. Take a virtual tour through pages of unique adventures and find a trail, or stream, a waterfall, a vista, or a road to ride that takes you to the essence of you.
We believe there is no other place on earth that offers as much opportunity to cycle year-round in one of the most topographically diverse and beautiful regions in our country. Our paved roads are lightly trafficked and a road cyclist can ride for many, many miles without encountering a traffic light or a stop sign. The abundance of dirt trails and tracks is almost endless with access to mountain biking rides ranging from super easy and leisurely, to highly technical and challenging — and everything in between.
Bishop is an all-season wonderland. Each season has its own special look and feel that brings joy and offers experiences like nowhere else on earth. And winter … winter is a true, classic wonderland! Our town is warm and welcoming and our big backyard is wild and exciting.
Stop in Bishop. Stay in Bishop. Play in Bishop and in our big backyard.
- Know Before You Go
- How a Town Saves its Bookstore: a Pandemic Retrospective from Spellbinder Books
- Things To Do In Bishop CA In January AKA Juneuary
- Bishop Weekly Fly Fishing Report
- What to Do in the Owens Valley during Stormy Weather in the Mountains
- 2 Climbing Rangers Encourage Responsible Recreation At East Side Climbing/Bouldering Areas
- Time Spent Playing Is Never Wasted – Kids Winter Activities In Bishop
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Holiday Season By Visiting Bishop
- Relax And Unwind… You’re On Al Fresco Time
- Even Easier To Get Into Bishop’s Big Backyard – New Winter Air Service
- A World of Good Food in the Eastern Sierra
- Fall Colors in California