Guide to Fall Color Spotting from Behind the LensOutside on the Eastside Fall is long in the Eastern Sierra. The topography of the region provides a slow shift into winter that starts first at the higher elevations and descends slowly over the open plains of the Owens Valley below. The cooling begins in September as...
Sierra Bighorns on Ledge of BreakthroughWritten by Tom Stienstra From a perch above a boulder-strewn ravine, we peered with binoculars up canyon walls and across a steep jumble of rocks and dirt for endangered Sierra Nevada bighorn sheep. The arrival of spring in the high country is when Sierra bighorns...
Motor Touring Round Valley
Read on for a motor tour of the Round Valley, Bishop area you can easily do in the morning or an afternoon. We recommend stopping by one of our friendly coffee houses for you favorite beverage before heading out on this pleasant loop, and it never hurts to throw a pair of sturdy shoes in the car in case you decide to explore a little more on foot.
Round Valley Mule DeerMule Deer Comprising one of the highest numbers of megafauna (large wildlife) species in the Eastern Sierra, Mule Deer (Odocoileus hemionus) can be found in numerous herds throughout Inyo and Mono Counties. Look for their white rumps, black-tipped tails, and...
- Climbing Conditions Weekly Report
- Bishop Weekly Fly Fishing Report
- Angler Blake Jones was an icon of the Sierra
- Wildflowers in the Eastern Sierra
- Camping In The Alabama Hills
- Blake Jones Trout Derby
- Family Winter Vacation in Bishop
- A Smorgasbord of Love on Valentine’s Day in Bishop
- Adventure Love Birds – Make Your Wedding The Best And Have Your Wedding In Bishop
- How to Tie Fishing Knots: 10 Easy Knots to Get You Started
- 10 Perfect Places for Spring Camping around Bishop
- Only One Tank Away… Or None At All