A look into the Pine Creek Tungsten Mine in Bishop, CA. Once, four hundred miners pulled tungsten from these mountains, working in three shifts, the Pine Creek Mine churning away twenty-four hours a day. It was known as the Mine in the Sky.
If you are traveling the iconic US Highway 395 through the Eastern Sierra then you owe it to yourself to take an extended break in Bishop. Or, perhaps you’re looking for a great place where you can escape for a couple days and get out of the city and into the mountains. Come to Bishop. Come play in our big backyard. It has so much to offer that we want to share a suggested itinerary for auto & OHV touring in 48-hours in Bishop in winter! If that’s something you’ve never contemplated, or thought possible, then take a look at this.
Read on for a motor tour of the Round Valley, Bishop area you can easily do in the morning or an afternoon. We recommend stopping by one of our friendly coffee houses for you favorite beverage before heading out on this pleasant loop, and it never hurts to throw a pair of sturdy shoes in the car in case you decide to explore a little more on foot.
- Bring Back A Memory And Help The Community
- Be An Informed Traveler – Get An Eye On The Weather, Road Conditions, & More
- Mammoth Lakes Wins 2022 USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice Travel Award for “Best Ski Town”
- Climbing Conditions Weekly Report
- Bishop Weekly Fly Fishing Report
- Bishop. The Warm Winter Wonderland.
- A Dozen or More Wonderful Winter Hikes in the Eastern Sierra
- 4 Wonderful Winter Road Bike Rides Around Bishop
- Ultimate Guide To Death Valley National Park
- The Road to Death Valley is OPEN
- From Stones That Roll Mysteriously To Scotty’s Castle – Death Valley Is A Must Visit
- Spread Cheer And See The Migration